Monday, June 2, 2014

Why the name? Hobby progress to!!

This is a question I get all the time... Ok not once have I been asked this. Anyways always me to explain. I have a Craftworld of Eldar and a Tribe of Beastmen. That's why. The Craftworld name is Belac which is Eldar for "way or path". The tribe of Beastmen are from the Byull wastes. Its a place I made up in WFB. I used the name once in a D&D campaign for a minotaur lord who terrorized a whole country side. That's the why and how of the names.

So i wanted to post a little hobby progress. That's why I originally started this and what I never want to lose focus on. So i have 3 kids, a beautiful GF, a fuckmook of a dog, 1 cat, 1 white trash kitten and Pantera iguana (he is fuckin' hostile some of you will get this). So what does that have to do with shit right? Well I'm strapped for time is what I am saying. Painting is something I dig about the hobby but I like playing and reading the fluff more. So sometimes it becomes painful to paint. I am not a skilled painter. I have no issue saying that. I can technically paint solid. I am no artist though. I am lacking that gift.
Proving my point here. Solid not good. Nice highlighting jackass!!


So without further ado I have been pounding out some Beastmen. I got them back in February of this year. My buddy Kyle was pushing me to play WFB (he has a nicely done VC army). I said sure I'd take a look. I loved the Dark Elf sculpts but frankly the idea of more elves was nauseating. I have space elves close enough. I have never been into the whole "chaosy" thing. You know what I'm saying "blood for the blood god" and "disease for festering sores god"!! You get my point. Chaos fluff while necessary to the Warhammer world wasn't my bag. My point is I don't generally like chaos armies. Jesus I need Adderall.... So I found the only sculpts I really liked were Beastmen.

Go figure like the worst WFB army... But ohhh there is a but.... They play fun!! I run up the board and beat you with axes, sticks, hammers, swords, maces.... so easy to play. I really liked it.

So about 3-4 weeks ago I actually started painting this brown horde. I have so far finished 50 gors, I minotaur and 1 doombull.

The first of the Beastmen I painted.
My horde of Gor....Don't worry still got 30 more to do..FML

I'm pleased but he is lacking pizazz.



My Doombull.
 
So like I said solid but no artist. I much prefer creating the background to my armies but painting can be a great way to keep me from killing people I have found.
 
Thanks for reading. That's what I have been brushing on lately. Until next time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment