Thursday, May 29, 2014

Played my first 7th edition game. Pretty sure I'm the only one....

So we are all aware 7th dropped and the net largely reacted with unjustified rage. Fuck them anyone with enough time to surf forums and hate away, isn't playing I'm positive of that.

So my buddy Shawn came over and we played Maelstrom of War mission 4. It was the one where you keep your cards secret. It was Hammer and Anvil deployment. He is new to the game and has a smaller army, so we played at 1350. He showed up with 3 Leman Russ tanks, vendetta, chimera some troops and 2 primaris psychers.

I rolled in with 2 Wave Serpents, wraithlord w/2 brightlances, Wraithknight stock, some Dire Avengers, Wraithguard w/D-Scythes, Spiritseer and Farseer. Hello run on sentence. Fuck Mrs. Wetzel is losing her shit right now in hell (she was the hardest teacher I ever had, 8th grade English).
Shawn won deployment and drew cards.

I tragically couldn't take pics of the battle due to my low IQ and caveman like tendencies I do have this though....

 
Yeah that's it... Quit judging me I'm dumb...
 
So first turn was night fighting and its way dumbed down. Super easy. Only thing I didn't care for about night fighting is that for units that already have stealth they gain no benefit from it.

So the gist of the match was the following we shot at each others tanks.... a lot and could not kill those mofo's! At the end of the match he had a unscathed Leman Russ and Chimera. I lost both Serpents but my Wraithknight and Wraithlord were no worse for the wear.

Psychic phase. Funner then picking on rednecks! Easy to grasp and pretty well balanceded. He had 4 ML of psychers and I had 5. Pretty even. I noticed the most amount of powers I got off were 4... once... With the exception of turn 4 I got off 3. Turn 4 I shit all over the table with my dice.... 1 power out of 9 Warp Charges.... Embarrassing!!!! A cool thing though we both Denied the Witch on each others blessings once. Really kept hope alive you could do something about it. I loved it.

The cards.... For me it was awesome. I got great ones... Shawn didn't. Not so awesome for him. He still had a blast trying to figure out how to score and what card to dump each turn. He said he definitely wanted to try them again.

So new jink rule is awesome and terrible. My Serpents suck as gun boats now. They are however more un-killable without a "ignore cover" weapon. Couple that with "objective secured" just means I now play them different. I use them as wait for it.... wait.... wait... fucking transports!!! God damn it the humanity now my transport isn't the best vehicle in the game its only like well... tied for first.... Oh well. As a Eldar player I stand firm to this statement "We had it coming..."

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment