Friday, June 13, 2014

7th Edition rocks...

I can't tell you how much fun I am having with Maelstrom of War missions. They are amazing. They are refreshing and they are good. So for those of you who don't know MoW mission use cards or D66 die rolls to determine your objectives each turn. I highly recommend you get the cards when they are back in stock. They allow for a much easier time book keeping wise. I preordered them thinking... Gee this might be handy if all this random objective shit is true. They are. They are supposed to be back in July. Get them as soon as you see them. For real its like 10 bucks or something quit being a cheap piece of shit.

So Kyle and I got down with a 2250 point MoW mission. We used secret objectives. Random roll and I got the one mission I played already. Its cool though he hasn't. He brought his Blood Angels with a Storm Raven and Mephiston, I rocked a mixed Belac (aspect)/skimmer style list with two Farseers. I normally don't take two. This is due to my cavemen style tendencies to TOTALLY FORGET TO CAST FUCKING POWERS THE WHOLE GAME.... I figured though with a psychic phase I cant fuck this up right??? I didn't btw it made me feel smart.

 
Our board before deployment obviously. That or we cast invisibility hahaha!! I will stop now.
 
  
 
 
We laid down some terrain and Kyle won deployment/initiative. He deployed first and then chose to go second. He only had 2 drop pods for this list. I think had he known better he would have had eleventeen. He started with his rather pretty Imperial Knight on the table and 2 assault Marine squads. That's it... this new no 50% deployed rule helps Marines.... a lot.
 


 
That's all you are putting down??? Asshole....

 
 
I put most my stuff down except my Hornets and Warp Spiders. I moved my 3 serpents around and jumped my Wraithknight up to squeeze off some shots. Things were looking good. I unloaded 2 Serpent shields, 2 heavy wraithcannon shots and 8 Dark Reaper missiles and damn did his IK pay the price.... 1 HP later and a box of tissues later... God damn it. It was going to be beautiful and I just couldn't roll a glance or pen. So a real loser first turn for me. I did score a TO point though so not all was wasted.
 
His turn and he tried to blow up the ruins. It was a bad call in hind site. He glanced it twice and realized how silly it was. He had a Dreadnaught and some Death Company come in they did a HP to a Serpent and killed a Dark Reaper or 2. No big whip. I felt good.
 
Turn 2 I proceeded to lay down a wicked ass whipping to the DC Space Marines. Of the original 10, 2 remained. Got to love bladestorm. also SUSPLODED the dreadnaught. Yes I am aware that isn't English. On the down side..... 2 Heavy Wraithcannons and 6 Dark Reaper missiles resulted in 0 HP removed... Mother of fuck my eyes out that IK won't god damn die. I also got another TO point 2-0 me.
 
Turn 2 Kyle and the Storm Raven comes on and the other Dreadnaught as well. This was going to sting and fuck if it didn't. He killed a Wave Serpent promptly and wiped out all but the Dark Reaper exarch and his Farseer... Do not fret they would be fine RUNNING OFF THE GOD DAMN TABLE. Every time I run reapers they run. I mean every time.  He would score zero.
 

 
You wanna play??? Ho K we can play!!!
 
 
Turn 3 the Hornets and Warp Spiders come one. Its about to get bloody in here. So Hornets come on and shoot up the one assault squad. I back that up with some supporting fire from a Serpent. They were on a objective and needed to go. I would shoot at the Storm Raven and IK more... You know then ending. 1 HP between them. ARGHH!!!
 
Turn 3 Kyle a moment we were both sure that was going to lose him the game. 5 marines from the 2nd assault squad fail a charge on my Hornets. First roll a 3 second roll double 1's. Look close at the pic and you will see the dice it was hilarious.
 
Turn 4 I move my WK close I am going to charge the IK because this shooting shit ain't happening. I decide to soften him up with some Hornet shots to the ass and get him down to 1 HP thank god. I cast invisibility on my WK and charge right in. 5 attacks 3 hits with Hammer of Wrath. S10 AP 2 hits. I roll a 1,1,2,... Nothing. He needs 6's to hit. He gets 2.... oh shit.... no biggie right? He wont roll 2 fucking 6's.... Yeah WK dead and gone. May I mention he had been unhurt to that point... Invisibility rocks. On a good note. I picked up 5 TO points. I killed a unit and had 3 objectives to his 1. I got a D3 VP points for that and another for one of the objectives I had. 8-0 looking good.
 
Turn 4 him and he goes to work.... Wave Serpents dead. HP stripped away from the Storm Raven and IK. Warp Spiders get prison sex'd from the DC dreadnaught. Those blood talons are OP!!!! Yeah I went there. 1 Hornet dies from bolter shots to the butt. He scores a point for something. 8-1.
 
Looking for 1 Wraithknight anyone seen one??? Goes by Kevin he is blow with white trim... anyone seen him? Someone go ask that big red mofo over there...
 
 
 
 
Turn 5 its tight. He has been hoarding his 3 cards. He hasn't swapped any out in 2 turns. I smell a trouble a brewing.... I have a shitty turn wait till you see it.
 

 
My trusty ole' Hornet not killing the DC dread...
 
 
Yes that's a real roll not staged at all. It gets better.
 
 
That's Mephiston having a good time with his penis and my Dire Avengers...
 
So turn ended not so good. After the quad 1's and my last remaining full squad getting killed it wasn't a good turn. I did score a point. 9-2
 
 
Turn 5 him... He killed everything remaining but 1 5 man squad of Dire Avengers I think. He got warlord and wait for it. If you kill3 units you get 3 plus D3.... ohh shit... He rolls a 4 now its 9-8. God damn....
 
Turn 6 is rather uneventful as he can only shoot the IK at my remaining douches. He killed 4... Number 5 ran but NOT OF THE TABLE!!! Game end 9-8
 
So yeah I won?? No I almost got tabled. It was shameful. Morale of the story. Knights are bad mmmmkay....


 

Hobby progress. Well none. My daughter was finishing up softball this week and I had games like every night. I'm a good dad so I wasn't home all week. Next Saturday though is the real deal. The game day a friend of mine Martin put together. I am doing the missions. I have 2 of the 3 done and sent off for review. I am pumped I am hoping to get to play with 5 or 6 people I have never met before. Should be fun if not I will just beat them in the church parking lot. Fuck em they should have know not to beat me!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment