Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Brass Bull lives...

So in my Beastmen book resides a slick, mean, SOB named Taurox the Brass Bull. He is a face raping beat stick. 1+ armor save, flaming attacks that ignore armor. Holy Sheeeeeit!!! So I dug the fluff behind him alot. Long story short he was cursed by a daemon and ever since he has been traveling around getting into adventures... like Cain from kung fu. Except his adventures involve genocide and destroying civilizations.

Yeah he is that cool. So I found a awesome Doombull conversion on ebay. Got it for 25 bucks too so half off. Score. I decided since he had two axes he would be perfect for Taurox. Then I got to painting.

I started by priming him black. Then base coated him warplock bronze. Washed him with a 3 part equal mix of nun oil, earthshade and lamian medium. Nun oil can go wicked dark quick and I knew it would be a dark colored model already I wouldn't need any help.

His butt!
 
Then I decided to do his fur in copper bell. Same wash applied.

 

Copper bell fur.
 
 
Then numerous dry brushed coats and washes... like 6 each. I couldn't decide on colors. It was maddening. I cannot describe how indecisive I was with this.
 
This was after deciding on sycorax brass or whatever its called.
 
  
Weapons in silver and crimson wash... fucking hated it.
 
Changed the weapons to Auric Gold with orange wash. Then used the copper oxide for the runes.
 
 
Added some gore and finished up the details
 
 
Overall I'm pleased. I have stated I'm not a great painter but average at best. So now I can't wait to field him. Thanks for reading!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment