Friday, May 23, 2014

7th EDITION!!! WTF!!! ERMAGAWD!!!

Ok so now its out. I have my copy of it. Its beautiful. The three book set rocks, anyone who argues I'll have words with. So let me go through and tell you what I think.
Mines bitches!!!

First impression of the new rules. Its a lot of the same. That's cool though I think 6th is a fun edition. I wouldn't say its drastically more streamlined or smarter then 6th rather just slightly refined.
Everyone knows about the biggest changes which are to the psychic phase. Everyone and their monkey ass roommate was bitching about unbound but after reading the WHOLE FUCKING paragraph on unbound armies. I was kind of let down. Its just GW giving us permission to play truly unscaled narrative games. Honestly my last post was about narrative gaming. I am already doing this. So no biggie for me. Its also not going to break the tourney scene because I quote "players must agree how they are going to select their armies, and if any restrictions apply to the number and type of models they can use" (pg 116 second column 4 sentence now settle the fuck down). Lastly a new way to play missions and its pretty damn hip yo!

Psychic phase standouts

1. A "unit" can only attempt to manifest a power once. I love this. This make seer council and screamer star not so automatic. I'll explain in a second.
2. Deny, Deny, Deny... Everyone is denying everything now. Its easy to deny if you are targeted and have either wargear or psychers on your side. However you can deny blessings!!! Booo Yaaaa!!!! See item number one and do some math. Will you actually deny blessings a lot well likely... No... But you can try and that's awesome.
3. The new mechanics. I play Eldar and frankly failing a power with my Farseers was a fucking inconvenience. It was rare and I liked it that way. No longer the case gents. Now 1D6 plus all your psychers Mastery Levels. Now this will benefit Daemons and GK most. However if you take 1 psycher Lvl 2 and you are playing Tau. They aren't fucked in the psychic phase... Ok shitty example. Dark Eldar (pure not that Beast star velvetta dick stuff all over the place) have a chance to dispel. That rocks. Is it likely, hell no, but when it happens people will remember. It'll go like this "Hey remember when I denied fortune on your unit of jetbikes trying to claim that last objective for the win?" Response "Fuck you 7th edition is so fucked up I'm rage quitting to go play WarmaHordes!!"
4. New powers Sanctic and Malefic (Force to whatever...) cool powers do awesome things. Make Daemons legit and Grey Knights as well. If you live under a rock both powers cause perils check on doubles if you aren't the requite faction casting it. I love it. Yes CSM should have gotten Malefic but they did get divination and still have Heldrakes so shush.
5. Getting the Primaris for free. Thank you. Now I finally have variety. Now I will take Spiritseers en mass. My farseers now have a reason to use Runes of Fate. I will get at least 2 good powers. Yes I'm still going to get fucking death mission but what the hell.
6. Prescience got hijacked. I love it. Because fuck you Astra Militarum you are not the new Eldar. Guide rules over all. Its a warp charge 2 now which means you need two 4+ rolls to cast it. Which means you must use at least 3 dice for any reliability.
7. It comes after movement. Thank you GW for that.
8. Witchfire/Shooting powers have ZERO bearing on your shooting phase. See number 7!
9. You are now going to have to think about it. Much like WFB you will now be forced to use the Psychic phase strategically. God damn you Tom Kirby!!!! Actually I love it. I never had to think about it. I just pointed and clicked and banged out my powers. This is better.
10. I cant cast inside transports. Dick move GW.... I had it coming.... Actually all of us Wave Serpent spammers, Chimera milking, Rhino humping (ok no uses Rhinos) bastards had it coming. No more hiding and buffing.

I love the new phase I will be trying out 7th Monday night I think. After that I will throw up some updates to my non existent readers.
BTW Cath thanks for readingg this and giving me my only page view! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment