Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Minotaurs are all done!!!

So if you have been reading my blog you know I man crush on GW's Minotaur model. Its a little gay my obsession with these hunky, bloody, hateful, rage fueled, murder train that are Minotaurs. I really like the model. I know what your thinking. "Don't ever touch Caleb's Mino's they for sure have semen on them...". Jerks they do not... have much at all on them I aimed away...

Lets reel this back in. So I have all mine done. 15 minotaurs, 1 doombull and 1 taurox. That's 17 total if you went to school here in the Ohio Valley. Its my first completed fantasy unit so I am pretty proud of them. I've only got 3 games of WFB in but I dig these sculpts a lot. They are super easy and relaxing to paint. A lot of dry brushing, shade washing and only some small detail work so they don't drive me crazy. Unlike my Eldar which I find maddening to paint. I digress.

So the idea I had was pretty simple. Beastmen. Beasts, animals, variety, lots of species or races if you will. Numerous ethnic groups, diversity, a lot of colors all pretending to be united to kill other cultures . Kind of like America but without all the shitty hip hop and country music (here's looking at you Kanye West and Luke Bryan). So with that I painted them in batches of three. I kept the skin color the same on all three at a time but would change little things. Armor tones, hair color, accent tones on leather etc...

The bases were a mix of red, black and a yellow sand colors I think 4:2:1/2 was the ratio. I didn't measure who the fuck am I lying to? Then I only let the glue set for 30-60 minutes then I applied Agrellan Earth from GW. Applied thickly it cracks not only itself but the basing mix as well. I al wicked happy with the results. Drop a little lichen for that wasted earth look and BOOM mother fucker!!!

Pimps...
 
The pimps asses????



 
 
So the banners I find embarrassing. I am not a artist have never claimed to be at all. It was the best I could think up. The one with the runes was my GF's idea. Pretty and clever better watch out for that one. Love you honey! The ones with the weird bull horn thingy go bob well that was my idea. Stop laughing!!
 
So some highlights I learned from these guys. The sculpts make them easy to paint. A lot of deep recesses for the washes to lay in. TO get the flesh, tanned, brown hide looks took a lot of layers. I needed a lot to show through to give it depth. A little is a lot with dry brushing. Damn I cant count the number of times I over did it. Only to be forced to go back and unfuck what I did. Blood for the Blood God is awesome! Makes blood effects so easy even for a moron like me.
 
In games played I squared off against Kyle in a 2500 point WFB match. We rolled mission 2 I think. He whooped on my ass bad. Highlight of the game is watching a 800 point Minotaur/Doombull unit go FUCKING RUNNING FROM FUCKING SKELETONS!! Oh he had a 501 point Vampire Lord in there too but I can only see FUCKING SKELETONS KILLING MY MINOTAURS AND MAKING THEM RUN like ARVN soldiers during Vietnam. Lesson learned. Always charge when you are Beastmen. You will lose combat if you get charged. I still kind of hate WFB. Its so clunky to me. I'm trying though. I really am.
 
In a few weeks Kyle and I are going to demo WFB for Martin's gaming group. Should be fun. I am basically taking the same list. I just need to play smarter. I am also going to take my Iyanden Eldar list that did well for me. That's all for me gents and well no ladies that read this...
 
See you around the way...




No comments:

Post a Comment